Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Friday, June 6, 2008

Good News

I just got a call from my Oncologist and he said that my bones are clear as a whistle.  But that it appears that the cancer has moved to the lymph nodes under my arm.  Does this mean I may have to say goodbye to that boob?  Who knows.  We are relieved but my heart is racing a bit.  I can feel all the questions start whirling in my mind.  We have to stay focused and in the present.  We don't know what this means.  The Doc graciously is making an appointment with me tomorrow morning now so that we can meet and go over the MRI that will be later today and talk.  
How I deal with this news, is that I have to protect myself from being blindsided.  I have to prepare myself for the worst, and that would be for the breast to be removed, and for all my lymph nodes in my right arm to be removed.  I might have lymphadema.  I might not be able to carry a heavy grocery sack nor a 5 gallon paint bucket upstairs.  These are all questions I will be able to ask soon.  We are going to breakfast to celebrate.  The cancer is not in my bones.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great news!!!!! There will always be someone to carry grocery bags and paint....