Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Is this a Dream?

Last night I kept dreaming that my surgery was tomorrow (today now) and I was so anxious about it.  I'd wake myself up and remind myself that tomorrow was only Thursday.  I am anxious because once the surgery is done, within a few days I will finally have my final diagnosis and this will and won't be a great thing.  
The thing is that I find myself, like yesterday afternoon thinking in my head that maybe the Doc's will find that I don't have breast cancer.  That maybe this whole thing is a huge mistake.  Why would I have breast cancer?  It is just not possible.  So, maybe they made a bad mistake.  But then I have to remind myself, that I saw my MRI's and my PET scan and yes, I saw the tumor.  So, the countdown is on.  All my questions will be answered soon.  All the Survivor's tell me that this is the hardest part.  All that I have been through up to the surgery.  Once I start treatment its just moving through the process, and then life will be back to normal.  Possibly going a day without thinking about cancer.

1 comment:

cancersuckes said...

Hi Heather, Hey sister,I must say that you are right on track with everything you are feeling.And I know it's not fun!! everyone who is a member of the club knows "CANCER SUCKS"Just remember it does get better. I love your cards!! Call me anytime and we can Hammer it out together. STRENGTH, HOPE and COURAGE
Margie Hammer