Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Monday, July 28, 2008

Holy Mollie

I called my oncologist today because I have had severe heartburn, and I haven't been able to sleep. Luckily, I asked why I needed to keep taking the steroid that I've been taking three times a day, so every 8 hours. The nurse, acted shocked and said, "Well, generally you only take it for three days. The first day, you take three, the second day you take 2, and then the third day, only 1." She checked with my doctor and indeed the bottle is wrong, and the chemo nurse that sent me home with the medications was wrong in directing D and G. So, I have been hoppped up on steroids and not able to sleep and the nurse thinks my heartburn has been so bad because of the steroids. So..good news, no more meds.
The only bummer thing is now, that my body has been on such a high dose for 5 days, that I may have a steroid crash they said for today and tomorrow (body sore, and really tired). This is a little frustrating to D and G, but to me, it doesn't really matter. I know in my normal world, I'd probably be pissed right now. But, to me I have to just surrender to so much right now, and all if it doesn't make sense to me. The fact that I have been overdosing on steroids the past few days, is a small deal compared to it all.

1 comment:

tamara said...

oh my gosh! that is SO kookanutty. but i'm glad that your heartburn will go away...i know it was really bugging you. you were a tums-cruncher!