Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Saturday, July 12, 2008

I'm Back

I feel so much better today.  Yesterday was hard.  I have the right to have a hard day once in a while. Although, before BC I never allowed myself to wallow in anything hard for more than a few seconds.  I have never been able to stand the victim attitude and that is what is going to pull me through this.  Remember that earlier post, I am swimming to my little Breast Cancer raft you all threw me.  I am going to get there!
 This is just so big and it takes a lot of spirit to rise above it all.  And I do.  I see the big picture.  I keep reminding myself, that I FOUND IT!  I get to live because I found it.  Imagine if I had waited until next year and possibly my Doctor missing it again.  I have a lot to be happy about and my joy is bubbling forth again today.  It is awesome outside.  My sis left this morning. She just graduated from nursing school and her state boards are in one week.  YOU ARE GONNA DO GREAT DUDE!!!  I am so proud of her.
Yesterday my arm hurt and it got a little swollen from surgery, so today I am going to be a lefty.  I don't have much to say other than I am stoked that I found my lump, and I am one day closer to kicking cancer's butt.  One day closer to starting chemotherapy and one more day closer to having my life back.  
Thanks to my friend Lynn, she got me in touch with the Susan B. Komen foundation here in Puget Sound.  I am going to start training in September for public speaking with them.  I am really, really, REALLY excited about this.  Besides telling every single person I run into, I can hopefully go to schools and talk to young teenage girls (is my hope, not sure where they will send me) or anywhere.  I am excited to see where my life leads me.  I am not sure if I will do real estate full time again.  I know for sure I want to use this blog as a tool to help rekindle this experience and to write a book for young women that are newly diagnosed.  Women of any age really.  I guess age doesn't matter.  What I am going through is a collective experience.  

2 comments:

JT said...

Heather, I saw your post on WSB forum and have been reading and catching updates here and there. Just wanted to express how much I love the way you're processing all this. Something that totally sucks has entered your life and you're choosing to give us the gift of your experience. Thank-you. Keep shouting to everyone you see and meet.

TripleNegative said...

Heather,

Thanks for reaching out to me! I love reading your blog, but hate that you're at the start of your journey. I KNOW about the bad days. Keep your chin up, and have NO guilt about ever playing the "cancer card" whenever you like. See you on the boards...
Skippy (Shannon)
Austin