Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Monday, July 14, 2008

It Looks Like

Well, those little follicles are turning into big follicles.  Follicles that are in my ovaries, not on my head.  If I understand correctly, this IVF cycle pumps me full of estrogen and causes ALL of my follicles to become matured.  In a regular cycle, our bodies naturally pick one follicle to mature and that is the star of the month out of all the 5-20 eggs that get released.  The IVF cycle captures all of those follicles by using all the estrogen shots (my tummy is getting sore), I am now up to 4 a day.  My ovaries are supposed to get really really big and it will make it easier for the fertility doctor to go in and grab the eggs.  
I told the nurse and my doctor about the vintage car parade cry, and we had a good laugh.  I booked a massage to give tomorrow night and luckily I listened to the little voice that said, "call your doctor."  My doctor put the cabash on doing any massage until I am completely healed.  The risk is me developing lymphadema, and it isn't worth it.  My little worker bee in me is instead going to channel my energies into support groups this week. There is a young survivors meeting at the Gilda Club of Seattle. I am excited to meet some young women my age that are going through what I am.  I have one more week of fun living before I start chemo. Man, the anticipation is killing me.  

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Heather,
You are fortunate to live where you do. Great hospitals and the chance to meet other young women who will know exactly how you are feeling at this time. You will make a great Mom!!
Love and hugs,
Nancy (Lori's Mom)