Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Today is a Oozy

I didn't sleep well last night at all. i was so anxious about little things. I do not have the mind control I once had of being able to let go of things right now. The chemo has just taken over my mind. I worry about our move upstairs and I worry about nonsensical things like a bad dream about my friend Gen and I just can't sleep. That is what one of the chemo drugs is for. I took it twice last night, at the intervalled times I could. I woke up feeling pretty bad and gen and I tried to walk to the beach but I didn't make it back up the hill without calling D to get us. I kept walking into branches and scratching my face because I can't see that well right now. I called it my Pheriphreal Village on accident. The typos are driving me crazy, sorry. I just don't have the energy or brain power right now to fix them. I have been in bed basically all day now since the walk. It took too much out of me. The only thing that sounds good to me to eat is a fried egg on top of a toasted piece of bread. MMmmm... Delicious. G keeps making me smoothies and ginger tea. We are going to watch Nacho Libre a little later today, so that we can laugh a little. That movie still gets to me

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Evening Heather,
Just wanted to tell you that Lori took Unisom for I believe a week following chemo. Her brother-in-law is a RN, and he said this was proven to be the best for people taking chemo.It is not habit forming. Please try it, and also Lori slept in a recliner for at least 4 days following chemo, which helped ward off nausea and headaches. You are pushing yourself too hard sweetie. Thinking of you,
Hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I don't understand. My doc said to resume life as usual, when I can. Do you think that I shouldn't be taking the long walks yet? I think I found that out the hard way yesterday. Maybe I will curtail it to a few rounds around the block. Being outside is the only thing and walking that feels good. I can actually feel my energy levels get better. But then,I have such a crash. I will ask my sis, who is a RN too, about the Unisom. In fact, I'lll email her right now! Thanks Nancy! Lots of Love, H