Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Washing my hair

I feel awesome today!  I missed the fireworks as I couldn't keep my head looking skyward for longer than a minute or so.  I was bummed, to say the least.  But today!  Watch out!  I have cleaned the stove, washed the cabinets, done the dishes, swept the floor, took a shower (even shaved my legs) and I noticed that under my right arm its a little numb.  That will come back, as nerves take a while to heal sometimes, but no big deal.  I put on my favorite white jeans and a white t-shirt and I am feeling summery!  D is sitting next to me on the coach watching a documentary on records.  This is actually quite interesting, these collector's keep talking about that they hoard all these records because they're into the music, but they have millions of records. Its about collecting, this film is hysterical.
D is still in his robe and I can't wait to go attack the city!  I want to go cut my roses and bring them in, but I want to talk to my Oncologist.  Should I not cut roses anymore?  What if I get stuck and my arm gets lymphadema?  How long after surgery should I wait to cut those roses?  If I was a careful person I would go cut them.  But I am not.  I am again, like a tornado or Tigger.  Did I mention I did all that housecleaning in a matter of minutes?  I am quick.  That is how I prune my roses.  So I always get pricked.  
The sky is shining and I am feeling good.  I am going to try to not think about my breast cancer today.  If I do, I will move on and pass it by today.  I need a break.  Tonight we are going to Vashon to watch this comedy thing.  We both need to laugh. 

No comments: