Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Clumps and one hand

typing w/ 1 hand still. vicodin every few hours. i have what they call cellulitis. my hand is even more swollen today. last night my mother in law said to me, "i'm surprised your hair isn't coming out yet." i was chipper and said as i pulled on my hair, " yeah, i just pull on it and nothing comes..." well, it did. i held my first clump of hair in my hand. if i pull on my hair, anywhere, it just comes out. i'm going to have d shave a mohawk for me for a bit, and then shave it off entirely. can't handle the emotions if i see clumps, as people say on the pillows.

4 comments:

tamara said...

geez louise, lady, that is a LOT for one day.

Tink1272 said...

Oh.... I remember the hair thing. It shocked me and scared me. I'm sorry about the cellulitis, and the delay on chemo. I hope things start turning well for you. Hugs.

apriljahns said...

I'm so sorry about the cellulitis! It is so painful, you know that of course, but for your reading audience cellulitis is like edema (swelling) on crack - your tissue can get so full of fluid that it actually weeps (seeps out of the pores). Your skin feels like an overstuffed sausage ready to burst at the seams.
I hope the vicodin helps take the edge off the pain.

Peggy300 said...

Hi Heather,

I haven't been reading your blog lately because I was out of town. I've missed hearing what's going on. I'm sorry you got an infection--yugh. I am planning on coming over on Monday with some yummy food. When should I come?

I can't wait to see you, but if you are not up for visitors--I can always just drop it off too. I love the poem too.