Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Everywhere I look

I see my little half inch sized hair all over the place. I am afraid to have my head shaved because if I got a knick, I could get an infection. Yesterday I didn't write here, I felt too good, and got myself busy. Before I had this riotous break seriously didn't know if I could make it through 4 or 5 months of this hell. I really didn't know. I can't say how thankful I am for the blessing of having a break and getting to have ten wonderful Heather days back. I see that at the end of the tunnel, the little light that I will indeed have a good life again. It was impossible for me to really see this. I just felt irreversibly changed, for the better, and sadly for the worst. The worst because I didn't know if I was going to make it, and I still don't. But at least I am happy (that is today) about not knowing.
My hand is still infected, but my Oncologist decided it was time to take me off the IV antibiotics. I am just taking the oral gut wrenchers now. Yesterday our sawd got layed, and it is impossible for me to sit back and tell people what to do. I like to show people. I got my hands in the dirt, got pricked a few times by our cedar fence that was going up at the same time, and got my hands dirty some more. I was told yesterday that this is a NO, No, and you'd think honestly that I had just learned my lesson. I have to always wear gloves. But that sucks. For instance last night D and I thought that we needed to water the lawn. D went outside and said, " Hey, I need some help. Can you grab the hose and untangle it." Am I supposed to say, " I can't. I have to run upstairs, and grab my gloves out on the deck. Just wait a minute." By the time this would've happened the lawn could have been watered already. This wasn't the hummingbirds choice, nor Tiggers so, I grabbed the filthy hose and tried to untangle it.
This lesson, this cellulitis lesson, hopefully made me think about not grabbing that hose. I am a slow learner on these types of things and I have a feeling I will have to get it again, to prove to myself that I need to NOT DO anything that puts me in contact with dirt. I mean, maybe it was just a fluke that I got it....

3 comments:

tamara said...

The helper in me can't help but say two things:
1. buy a bunch of pairs of gloves and leave them all over the place.
2. if you want to shave your head, maybe one of those electric shaver things if you want to shave your head? I bet someone you know has one.

Anonymous said...

I've already shaved my head, dude! I just have stubble head. I need to post the pictures so you all can see.

tamara said...

OH!! I didn't get it. Well then the helper in me merely wishes to reiterate #1.
:)