Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Lint Roller..

It works just as good as the blue painter's tape, if you're wondering! Maybe a little easier since its is on a roller. I am now down to a few strands, here and there, with a bit of fuzz. I look bald. Bald enough that I am getting those infamous looks. Yesterday I was at the store getting my med's and a group of teenage girls were alerted by one of the girls and suddenly they all looked up at me. I wanted to say, "Hey, I have cancer." But instead, I just took it in. Remember, I am trying to learn from this whole experience, as it is my choice to parade around bare. I must admit that I was hurt by it. Hurt enough that I couldn't write about it yesterday and I took the day to process it.
The house is set to go on the market tomorrow. All the last minute doings are almost wrapped up. We get to fill out the Form 17, the disclosure and such. It will be an interesting week with me doing chemo and needing to be ushered into the car so that people can, by appointment view the home. Luckily my Dad is coming for the week and I am excited to get this done. My thumb started hurting me again today, just a little. I am afraid that it hasn't healed enough to do the chemo as scheduled, so I will call my Doctor tomorrow and talk to him. Not much else. I am ready for my journey to begin again. I am scared.

1 comment:

Tink1272 said...

I hate that. I had a similar experience. I was driving home from chemo and these teenage girls pulled up next to me and pointed and laughed. It was the first time I cried after my hair fell out. It made me feel horrid. I didn't even want to leave the house after that.

I hope that the girls staring is the worst thing that happens to you. It's a very humbling and awful experience.

Good luck on getting chemo this week.