Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Friday, August 15, 2008

Painter's Tape

Last night I was laying in bed and telling D how much my stubble hurts my head. Not hurt as in cellulitis hurt, but like when someone rakes their stubble across your tender little face, or for guys maybe when your gal doesn't shave her legs. My hair has limply been hanging on just by its follicles this past week. My friend Nic told me yesterday that she thought the reason it was bothering me was that the hair is out of the follicle and poking the nerve endings. That makes sense to me.
Needless to say, I've been fantasizing about shaving my head or getting it waxed. I've even thought of using Duct tape to pull it out. Shaving and waxing I am scared to do because they both pull the first layer of skin off, and I don't want an infection. So, like I was saying, last night I was laying in bed and told D how uncomfortable it is to lay my head against a pillow. He said, "Why don't you use duct tape." That is all I needed.
Never in my life would I EVER have thought that I would find myself in the bathroom with my husband pulling my hair off my head (now that is not out, it is off because its literally just hanging in there for dear life at this moment), with blue painter's tape. Yes, we pulled it off like you'd do to an old sweater with all its little annoying balls of pitted yard. The tape worked! I now look like a dog with severe mange. I have bald spots all over and at this moment can feel the air's circulation through my house against my head more than I could yesterday. Any ideas on how to get the rest out??

3 comments:

tamara said...

Well, i know the situation isn't funny, but holy cow, that posting made me laugh. what a series of mental images! maybe you should carry one of those tape lint rollers around and just use it like other ladies use hair brushes...
:)

Nancy said...

Ok Heather,
This is one for the books!! You have to post this on the TNBC site. This is one for the topic, a laugh a day. No one.....I mean no one has ever said that they did this. Only a man would think of duct tape. However, I am glad you didn't use that. It kept the spaceship together, and I believe it would have literally stayed stuck on your head sweetie. This post is one for the records!!! LOL!!!
Hugs,
Nancy

Tink1272 said...

Heh. You poor thing. That stuff itches!!! I still find stuff that had my little stubbles on it. I went to a salon and had them shave me. They know what they are doing (especially if you go to a barber), they didn't cut me and they did it for free. It really feels so much better once it's gone.

Duck tape... :-)