Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Better Days

The good week is starting to roll in. I can feel the darkness of the AC disappearing and joy is starting to come back into my heart. The key word is "starting". Its amazing what chemo does to me. It steals or takes the joy from my spirit and all I can do is put one foot in front of the other and just hope that the next day is a better day. The very exciting thought for me today is that I just have one more AC and then I am done with it. I am going to have to make a really nice dinner in celebration, maybe bake a pie or something. Although crusts give me indigestion lately so it will probably have to be some kind of cake. I have been thinking about lemon bars lately so maybe I'll make those. I am starting to think that maybe this weekend I can go for a bike ride on Vashon. I can't wait till tomorrow when I am feeling even better than today and will have a full week of feeling good before the last AC.

4 comments:

Tink1272 said...

So, what is AC? I must have missed something along the way.... Is it Chemo? Are you almost done?

Unknown said...

Yeah one more ac!!!!
Hope day 6 is okay
thinking of you always
lots of love
xoxoox
G

Anonymous said...

AC is short for the super disgusting Adriamycian and Cytoxan. Yep, chemo cocktails. Next it will be Taxol, for 8-12 treatments, every week. We have to see how my body responds to it to know if I'll be able to handle the 12!

Tink1272 said...

Oh, ok. I hate Adriamycin. Hated it. I still have nightmares. Good luck on the rest. You know I am thinking about you every day...