Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Is this it?

I have one day left before I start my next set of three months, every week of treatment. I am scared that I won't have a day like I did yesterday, or like the day I will have today, for three months. I don't know if I have the strength to go on, if I don't. I am freaked out that I am going to get fat because I have to eat so many steroids a day. I have to eat tons of them a day to counter act any allergic reactions that I may get. I think the steroids are the hardest part of this treatment for me. Besides feeling like I am going to blow chunks, and never do. I did throw up last time at the doctors office.
I just pray and am going to have faith that I will have at least two good days in between treatments. Yesterday, D and I took a long walk down to the beach and layed out on the rocks for a bit. I told him that I had to keep walking. I used to love to sit and take in the rays on the beach. But now, since i lay around in bed for so many days on end, all I wanted to do was walk like the energizer bunny.
I don't have much more to say. I am really pretty darn happy right now. I feel like this past week has given me the strength to look at my next three months. And I know I can make it. Its just going to be rough.

Tamara, thank you for getting me some fat pants. It really meant the world to me!!

4 comments:

apriljahns said...

So, how about embracing the fat as a learning experience? No? Uh, enjoy eating food with reckless abandon while you can? No?
Maybe when you are done with the chemo you and I can be weight loss buddies. You work off steroid induced weight and I'll work off what I like to blame on pregnancy.

Unknown said...

Today I sponsored my friend who is participating in the CIBC Run for the Cure by giving a financial donation to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation that " funds the research and programs that are helping improve the quality of life for families touched by breast cancer."
Heather we love you.
Love your family in Kelowna, BC Canada
Cousin Sheri and girls, Auntie Norma, Uncle Ed, Auntie Vera, Uncle Rob, and Cousin Sam.

Unknown said...

You're so brave Heather! You are just like the energizer bunny. You just keep on keepin on. Keep on doing what you're doing. Be grateful for every day, every step, every breath, every flower, every child that smiles or sheds a tear, your fat pants, your bald head. You are so good at getting through with grace & aplomb. What an inspiration you are. xoxo Deena, Jay, Kayla & ZZ

TripleNegative said...

I didn't gain any weight on the steroids. They did prevent me from sleeping well that night which left me feeling VERY groggy next day. Taxol was a picnic! Just lots of achey joints. Keep moving and eating healthy for the good of your digestion and immune system. You'll do well.