Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Saturday, October 4, 2008

I can't believe it..

I really can't believe that yesterday I learned that in fact what I am experiencing is a freakin' Hot Flash. My friend Debbie, let me know that yes, the sweaty head and neck is a common symptom. Oh, great! I know I skipped a period, and I am really hot all the time. Like when I am sleeping. I can't sleep with any covers on me and throughout the day, I just get super clammy feeling on my head and neck. I am praying and I mean, seriously praying that these hot flashes go away and my period returns when I am all done with my treatment. If not, I am going to be really really sad. I know I have those eggs in the freezer, but I didn't want to have to use them. I really just want to have a family without any help. I can, worse case scenario, still get pregnant with those eggs even if I am in menopause. Sad. So sad, that I can't even spend time right now thinking about it too much.

My sister is coming down this weekend. I got pretty sick last night. And this morning, I realized my throat is pretty sore. I hope I don't get a cold. I don't have much to say. I was doing really good, but it takes a lot to stay chipper and happy right now. I have never danced this often on the edge of depression. I have so many things that are and have happened and I just have to force myself to push them aside as I have no idea how and if my body will bounce back from all this toxic crap.

I still cannot believe that I GOT BREAST CANCER. Its gone now. The surgeon pulled it out, but still. Its hard to wrap my brain around it.

1 comment:

Tink1272 said...

I went through the same thing. Check my blog (The married one) for an update on how much better things are - I went through the menopausal symptoms, and it reversed after 6 months. Things are looking up, it just took a little while before things are perfect. But then, I had some other side effects that you probably won't have.