Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Numb things

The past two weeks I have been fighting a cold. I think if I wasn't doing chemo, I wouldn't have a sore throat. Its not getting any worse or any better just staying as a sore throat. Mentally I am so thankful that this new chemo, Taxotere isn't taking its toll. I can think and so I can work, which gives me time to not think about me. I have a few odd side effects. The most noticeable is that my tongue is numb, except for the very center of it. The other thing is that my fingers especially the tips of them feel weird. They don't hurt, they just feel kindof numb but not numb.
My friend Gen is coming here next Monday and I'm excited to see her. I cancelled my sis coming back this week because I am not sick like I was on the AC. I don't need someone taking care of me and helping D out. Not much to say. I am not really letting myself think to deeply right now like I was in the beginning. I feel like I am in the middle of a race right now and I am just trying to get through this. Day by Day.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Heather, Let your Onc know about the tips of your fingers. It's probably neuropathy, which can be treated with the B vitamins.

~Renee
www.renessbumpintheroad.blogspot.com
http://www.tnbcfoundation.org/donate.htm

S. F. Heron said...

Heather, Found your blog through Renee's blog. You go girl, you are doing everything right and "your" way which is the only way to get through this nightmare.

-Sharon