Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Free at last

Free and better. I get to get discharged later this morning. I am thrilled. I am better. AFter yesterdays procedure, with them really sucking that lung dry it hurt. I was in a fair bit of pain. There is still a little water in my right lung, and a strange thing happened last night around 6. My heart started hurting like it had been when I take in a deep breath only. Not walking around.
I asked my Onc this morning if all the water could come back, and he said he doesn't know. Its a wait and see thing. The tests also came back inconclusive as to wether it was viral or caused by the taxotere. But all along, both the cardiologists and the two different Onc's said that this would probably be the case.

BUT THE GOOD NEWS!!! I'VE LOST 18 POUNDS!!! I now only weigh 155, and am so thrilled. I started out at 138, and can't wait to get there again. I have a feeling it will be in no time, since I haven't even started working out yet.

2 comments:

apriljahns said...

18 pounds since you entered the hospital?
I can't believe you had so much fluid in your lungs! I'm so glad the water is gone and you get to go home soon.

Anonymous said...

I know, and my little heart sac! I really was so hard on myself, pushing myself. Now I am horrified that I tried walking up Edmunds st or walking and carrying anything at all. Even groceries. I am in shock.