Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

fentanyl

Well...MY TUBE IS OUT OF MY HEART NOW!! Yippee! The cardiologist just came by and though I got 75 CC's off the heart the past day, he was nervous about keeping in the tube because of infection. So, he pulled it out. The ultrasound showed no fluid around my heart and so he felt confident with this decision. I am thrilled. I have just gotten better and better today. And the funny thing is is that everyone the past day have remarked that my hair has gotten longer. I love that I get to be vain again soon. I can just feel its around the corner. I had a dream the other day of putting on mascara! I just got hopefully my last life dose of fentanyl for the procedure just now. I still don't know what my Onc's decision is going to be with pulling the fluid off my lung. I am going to ask him to do it because I much rather be forced to lay in here and get better faster for the next few days then go home and slowly get better. It is really hard and nearly impossible for me to not "do" things around the house. When grocery shopping is too much of a strain, ect. My friend Keiko is flying from SF on thursday to be with me over the weekend. I am looking forward to having the help and love around. I've known her for years and she is so much fun. The kind of fun I have had to forget about and put away under the rug. But soon, when the frogs are ribbeting on Vashon I will be pulling that rug back, and throwing it into a bomb fire on the beach, and beginning my new life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

whoo! here's to your health and joy, heather!

Unknown said...

Your positive attitude is an inspiration to me and I'm sure everyone. I can't wait for the new life/wellness bonfire! Get well, ribbet...ribbett..rebbett..

Keiko Niccolini said...

I can't wait! Just one more day. We are going to giggle. It's very good for our health. I love you so much Heath!
xoxoxxxxoxooxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxo