Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Thursday, January 8, 2009

More Liquid

I will write more tomorrow when I know more, but I found out today that I have liquid around my heart too. And to make a correction, I do not have liquid in my lungs, but around them. I can't lay down anymore because my lungs hurt, and what I thought was my lungs, is maybe my heart? Who knows. My leggs have swollen hugely again, really really bad edema. D and I moved into our new place and we don't have computer access yet. So I haven't been so good at keeping this up. I've been at the doc's all day for various testing. I feel really weak and tired, and have high blood pressure suddenly. This sucks. My Onc said that I probably have to go on more steroids which sucks because I hate them. That was for treating the inflammation around my lungs and a diruretic for the water around my lungs. But how he'll treat the water around my heart is a whole other thing. I am not supposed to know that I have water there yet, but I begged the nice technician who did the ultra sound to explain what she was seeing. There is a good amount in there. So well see. This really is starting to make more sense to me. Why its been so hard to just walk to the kitchen, walk up stairs, why my heart feels like its leaping out of my chest, why my chest hurts, why I can't lay flat, why when I stand up it doesn't hurt anymore..on and on...

2 comments:

shirley nelsen said...

Heather, I am so disappointed about this. Although it is true that "this, too, will pass,"I think that you have had ENOUGH!!! Keep thinking of your birthday, go to the very best sushi place in Seattle. I know about lack of energy, and it truly does suck. I am so so glad you are done with chemo. Hope your onc. makes a plan to have you return to the way you felt last June when we had our very first phone call about all of this cancer stuff. I don't like the steroids, either. However, it might relieve your symptoms (and, of course, give you NEW side effects,) plus you will have a voracious appetite, thus able to eat more birthday sushi! I wish the very best for your news today.

tamara said...

Well, I'm glad you know what it is, and that there's an explanation for the symptoms you've been having. I have a lot of faith in your wonderful onc., so I know he'll figure this out. I just wish you were as done with the hideous side effects as you are with the Chemo. enough already for you!
much love.