Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Nesting

I got out of the hospital on Thursday. I didn't get any extra strength Motrin for the pain from the phramacy because I felt so good. In the afternoon, once I got home I was wishing I had. My friend Keiko flew in that night and in the morning when I woke up, I felt so good. I wasn't in pain and so we started making my house into a functional living space. Being that it is maybe 725 SQFT. Its like putting a puzzle together.
I have moments of hurting mainly my lungs. THe cold air burns them, and my heart hurts still. Its still hurts to bend over and stand up, and there is fluid in there still. Even with me using the electric wheelchair in Target yesterday, didn't keep back my legs from swelling again. Not as bad as before, but I am taking it easy. When we were shopping yesterday at Target I got dizzy and so I just sat down in the aisle. Keiko went and got the wheelchair and I was horrified with the thought of driving around in that thing. She broke my fear and really my ego by saying, "when are you going to get another chance in your life to drive one of these around and get away with it." It was true, and so I took her up on it and had a lot of fun, and rest that I needed.
Its so good to have a friend around that hugs me, and loves me, and holds my hand watching TV. True friendship, and one that doesn't go away with distance and time.

1 comment:

Aunt Caryn said...

OK, now that I'm home and not blocked by firewalls, please let me tell you that you need to take it much easier on yourself. You are not well yet, Heather. You shouldn't be shopping at Target. Let someone else do that. Don't nest your house.

It seems like your body likes to collect fluids when stressed. You need to take it easy so that this does't happen again.

GENTLE! GENTLE! You are not well yet.

Please take it easy.
Love,CarynRose