Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Stinky breath dreams

Last night I kept having dreams of running into people and scaring them away with my bad breath. I haven't gotten a toothbrush here yet, so I woke up and asked my nurse for a toothbrush and paste. Nothing is better than having fresh breath!
My Onc just came in and spoke with me. He said that if I am feeling more out of breath that I needed to stay in here. But like I told him, the best place for me to know if I am feeling out of breath is home. Since my toilet here in the hospital in just steps away, its hard to measure with that. He also said that once i get home if my legs start swelling more, if I get out of breath more, or if I start feeling bad to call him immediately. He has said a few times to me, that this could get worse before I get better.
So, I am letting D sleep (he went to a show last night and got home in the 2 amish) so I am letting him sleep, and then will call him around 9 to pick me up.
I am going to have another Eccho on Tuesday or Wed. to see if there is more fluid in there. I asked if I have to wait on this to clear before radiation and he said yes. So, it looks like I'll have more of a break than just a few weeks. And it also means that we can't even go to Vancouver island for a weekend trip or go home to Seaside, because I need to be around my doc's. I asked, because i've been doing lots of research on line about pericarditis, which is what I have. And asked my Onc if I could get congestive heart failure, and he said yes. That is scary. The reason I could get it is that if the liquid continues to increase it squeezes my heart more and that is what would cause it. But he said that if I keep them well posted with how I feel and with the eccho's this shouldn't happen. Because if more liquid gets in there, they'll tap it out. Which I am sure if there is more in there, I'll be begging them to do it. My chest is already so tight, and it feels so hard to breath, that more tightness sounds very uncomfortable.
No more hospital food, thank God. I am now taking away my earlier statement that I liked the food here. I think I was just excited that I wasn't going to have to cook it myself, go grocery shopping, ect.. That was it I am sure. Because all I want is oatmeal and eggs on toast!!

1 comment:

apriljahns said...

Hope your day was great - as great as it can be with pericarditis. It was such a treat to see you even if it was from a distance and only for a few minutes. I like your glasses.