Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Friday, February 6, 2009

ferry rides

I went out to Vashon today, and did a few massages. I felt so free when I bought my ferry pass. I was so excited to buy it I told the ferrry worker, who really could have cared less. But I didn't care, I told him anyways. It was a rights of passage for me. I forgot to take my steroid pill this morning, and by my second massage in the afternoon, my left lung was really hurting if I took a deep breath in. I thought I was all better, I really did. I guess I was wrong.
I was so happy to go out there and massage. One of my friends, she is a client, I have massage for eleven years. That is insane!!! She knows me so well, and has seen me go through so much, and has loved me so long, that its homey to see her. Its been way too long since I have been out there.

I am in the middle of watching a few movies so I am going to make this short. I will write more in the morning.

The quick and short, my lungs still hurt. Damn it!! I was for sure they were all better and my Onc was just being overly cautious. I again, was wrong!!!
Its kind of getting to be a joke with myself now. Whenever I am positive about something with my health, it seems to be always, the opposite. What's up with my intuition??

1 comment:

Aunt Caryn said...

Your intuition is arguing with the steroids and your determination to get back to normal.

I'm going through the same thing here on the east coast, but probably much worse since my legs are so wobbly and I'm so short of breath. I wanted to make myself breakfast this morning and all I can do is wait for my DH to come home from work and make something. So here I sit, starving, but unable to move to the kitchen.

We both just have to be patient and take it easy, Heather.

Hang in there and maybe halve your massage schedule (and TAKE YOUR STEROIDS).

Love,
Caryn