Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Monday, March 9, 2009

Over my first

Okay, I am not a radiation virgin anymore. And honestly, it was no big deal. I layed on the table and meditated the best I could on the cancer cells being zapped and burned to death. haha
I saw my eye doctor today, and the right eye is awesome but the left eye is still weepy. So, Wednesday we are going to do a five minute eye surgery to open up the tear duct again. I am grateful he is going to put me under because I have grown a wee bit fearful of the giant needle digging into my tear duct while I am awake. Again, you got to laugh.

2 comments:

apriljahns said...

What a great report on your first radiation treatment!
Do some people opt to stay awake while having their tear ducts bored with giant needles? Crazy.

shirley nelsen said...

Glad it went well for you. For most people, the unknown is more worrisome than that actual experience. There is barely enough TIME to meditate, it is so fast! I am glad you were able to do it.
Eyes that tear are way more distressing than one would think. I have the same problem, it is annoying.