Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Okay, Okay, O-KKK--AAA-YYYY

Okay, already. I'll go on the medicine, Colichine (spelling may be wrong) for a year. Every freakin' day. After I go kick and screaming. Isn't there a food that I can take to take away the inflammation? Sure, there is. But really, I need to not mess around with this. What just happened to me was really really not good for me. Its taken me a week to get my sails up. Albeit, steroid induced insanity. For some reason, this time my side-effects are TOTALLY different. I am super manic, intense (more than usual~watch out), and aggressive. My sister joked around "Roid rage".
So....Dr. K asked me if I wanted to go on anything to help relax me. When he started explaining what the med's were for, I said, "stop. No thanks." I'll try meditating and doing yoga each day instead. I'm slowly getting tapered off the steroids, so here we go. If I don't go on this colichine, than I have to stay on predisone. So, we'll give it a try and cross my fingers that I don't have another attack.
As far as exercise, I can start today. I misunderstood my Onc in the hospital. He thinks the exercise just exhasberated the inflammation and was NOT, NOT the cause of my recent attack. He agrees that I would've had it regardless.
Good news..I've lost 6 pounds in 4 days. Lots of water weight. I feel the best I've felt in a while. Well, in a way. Other ways, I feel a little jittery, and excessively hyper.

1 comment:

apriljahns said...

I can't imagine how hopped up you are such high doses of prednisone. Ryan was on a small dose for a week and man was he ever agitated. But a lot of house projects got done! : )