Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Unbelievable

Thursday came and I was feeling awesome. Dreaming of starting to run again, heck even just take a walk on Monday. I was going to give myself through the weekend. My Onc. asked me how I was and I was awesome. I was. I'm taking all the med's they want me to. So, he reduced my steroids to 10 mg. in morning and 5 at night. Well, by mid-morning my chest and left lung were starting to hurt/burn/hard to describe. I waited unitl 3 and then called ask it was just getting worse. Like a 1 on a scale from 1-10 but still. It was starting to hurt. He brought my dose higher than it had been up to 20 in the morning and 10 at night. I did that last night, and felt great. And so I wasn't going to take that additional 10, but as the night went on the pain came back.
This morning, I took the 20, and I am in pain right now. My chest kind of feels like when you have been coughing and coughing and coughing. I am annoyed and bummed out. I am coming to grips that I think there is something going wrong. I think they are missing something. I see my cardiologist finally on Monday, and will have to talk to him about this.
I have been thinking the past few days how crazy our bodies are. How incredibly strong they are and how they can handle so much. I feel a little like..mmm..like maybe I was being foolish with myself. Next time I start having pain, I am going to call (I guess I am right now) him right away and not wait until I can't breath. So, I guess I did. I guess I learned my lesson.

I am bummed out and hoping that this heals. I really, really want to go back to my old life...With all this new wonderful life experience.

Did I mention to you lately, how thankful and blessed I feel that I have gone through this experience?? I am!!

1 comment:

apriljahns said...

I am so bummed that this chest pain is still nagging you.