Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Thursday, May 28, 2009

A few thoughts



The thought that would like to be acknowledge in this phase of healing is mainly this one, " How did I get through that?" Really, how did I? In life, I have had many challenges. Living and traveling in West Africa was one of them. How did I manage to live like that? The answer was easy. But to many they don't know how I did. And how is it that I loved it so much?
I didn't love any of this past years hell. I didn't. I really didn't. I did however love deeply, and get to walk through this life until I die, with a greater sense of what love is. I am thankful for all this.
I am not inspired to start writing my book because I am still processing. Albeit, coming to a place soon that I can. I have filled my schedule to the max. Each day doing at least 4 massages ( I did 76 massages in May), and I took a new listing, possibly 2 more, I'll find out this sunday, and sold one house. I have been slammed. June is starting to look like that as well, with 2 weekends off.
But July, I think this will be my month of slowing down and taking care of Heather. The past few months I needed to work, I needed to start LIVING. I had tea with a friend the other day, and he said, "What fills you up?" This answer used to entail "doing" to experience something. Now, its the little things. My answer to him, "Well, I have been needing some burlap sacks for (hint, hint for family~except pregnant sis, you can't do it!) for my party, and I was sitting here before you came and the barista hollered out if anyone wanted them. That filled my soul. I have been needing 3 burlap sacks, and there they were, given to me." Those are the small things that fill my heart and make me realize that yes, I am on the right path.
So May and June, are work and Live months. Being in the present moment and enjoying just being. It is that simple. June 1st, I am starting to exercise, because this body is going to be in great shape. June 1st, I start working with my ND with detoxing my body, hardcore. She'll be hooking my port up to machine and actually cleaning my blood, ect..
And July, I am going to take a vaca by myself, and sit, and read my blog. From start to finish. Reread it, and sit with it. Sit with me. Cry. And start formulating my book.

D keeps saying how tired he is of all this, he wants to start living in the future. Well, what he doesn't understand is that I am my past, I am a Survivor and I am not living in the future. I am living in the present moment. Right here, Right now, breathing. I made it. I did it. I made it. I really did. Home feels like, I just ran a race but there can't be any acknowledgement that I ran the race because the team mates are sick of hearing about track and field.
Fuck That!
So what I do is cheer myself on throughout my days when I get to do a new thing. Like yesterday, my nails are finally long enough that I needed to cut them and use my file. That was fun. Today I am going to paint them.
I am starting to see my cheekbones, this is really exciting.
I am starting to see my stomach muscles again.
My hair is officially getting long, and I think its gonna be curly, she says with a smile.
Life is good. I am so excited.

1 comment:

Tink1272 said...

Always remember - no matter what - this whole experience is part of who you will now be. It may be an annoying part, it may be something you need to talk about sometimes, but it is part of you.