Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm exhausted

I have had a few days of full on 14 hour days, and I'm exhausted! Phew! The steroids are keeping me agitated and full of energy, while my physical body is tired. Its hard to explain because both are with the physical body, but they are happening simultaneously. I'm drinking lots of coffee to give me energy, and then feeling like I need to calm down. If I don't drink coffee I need to nap. And I have to work, so napping isn't an option. Today it is though. I am on island this morning, and went to the local coffee shop and relaxed, visited and am now home and am going to lay around for a bit. I am so tired, but then my mind is racing so I can't sleep.
My friend Ang left on Sunday, and I was really sad all that day. What sucks, is that all my best girlfriends live in either Canada or California. Those relationships are ones I've had for over a decade and there is so much life experiences and sharing that's been shared. Its hard to duplicate the depth.
I have enjoyed immensely being on island and being held by my community. I love walking into a coffee shop, grocery store, you name it and visiting and sharing with folks. Hugging people. In the city I am "hug" deprived! Well..Norman the parrot is making some incredible noises and he can whistle Andy Griffith trailer! Incredible!

1 comment:

yvonnecas said...

Your descriptions of island life seem so "storybook." I love it. I remember what a great place Vashon is. I always equate it to a "getaway" location. I used to go to Camp Sealth a few times a year growing up...So many fun memories. Sometimes we drove and it was always fun to drive through the island. Othertimes I went for summer camp and took the "GoodTimes" ferry!