Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Saturday, June 20, 2009

D Day

This is the last that you'll hear of D. He and I are divorcing (another D) and he has asked that I not talk about him here. I am thankful that he allowed/compromised his private life as long as he did to allow me to write about "our" journey together. At times using his inital. Big ol' nutshell. He realized after our marriage that he rightfully does not want to have kids, I have never changed my mind.
And even if I do not get out of this chemopause, I will use my solo eggs I have (I was not strong enough to listen to reason, and begged and begged for us to make embryo's and waisted 3 of my precious 6) and hopefully that does the trick. But if not, there are lots of wonderful incredible babies in this world that are just waiting to be loved with all the love I have to give and more in this world.
Yes, this is too soon. But we have pushed it to a point, that home has been not home for years and its easier to get all the hurt, all the stress out now, than to wait and get the stress and hurt out later. Life is difficult, and beautiful, and there is never a good time to as my friend says, cleave. So, off to cleaving, and crying, and sobbing, and mourning this inevitable loss.
Lesson learned, many. Will I make this same mistake again, no way.
Its easy in life to over look what you don't want to see. Love is a coyote. Our job is to be present and not live in the future when we fall in love, but to be present and witness what is really there. The maiden, that did this has gratefully blossomed into a woman because of the past few years, and the woman in me will live in the present from here on out. So mote it be.

6 comments:

Aunt Caryn said...

Heather,
Out of this awful situation, has bloomed a beautiful woman flower. I hate that you had to go through it, but it was meant to be.

Each of you will keep your own counsel on what you have gained and lost, but I believe that what you have is far more valuable.

I don't wish bad for others, but I do know that karma will show up and just when compassion and help are needed, it will be lacking for those who couldn't find it in themselves.

I love you!!

Caryn

Anonymous said...

I love you too Caryn. Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for all your support and love.

apriljahns said...

Instead of writing a novel in this little comment section I'll just say that I'm behind you in this upcoming process of loss and liberation.

Anonymous said...

April, email me your novel. I love your thoughts! Lets go for a walk soon. I can finally walk now, I'm getting strong! YIIIIPPPPPEEEE!!!

betgro said...

I also love what your aunt Caryn said. You will move beyond this time of detaching and become all the more strong for it. Your sharing has been a gift to others that nurtures us and yourself as well.
The present is full of promise.

Anonymous said...

I am so very sad to be updating this blog, and to find Caryn's message to me. She has now passed away from her long difficult fight with breast cancer.