Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Plans for the future

Nothing is better in the whole wide world, than all the love that has been directed to and for me this past year. I am in bed right now with Keiko, dreaming and planning a surf trip just for us girls. It is a wonderful thing to start planning something. To be able to get out of the present moment, and know that I am going to be healthy enough to do a trip. I feel confident that it is just scar tissue, since Dr. Clarfeld said so, and since the MRI and tumor markers are low!
Keiko and I were quite surprised at how quickly my body bounced back from this surgery. Keiko kept saying to me, and not until the third time did it sink in..but she said," Heath, your body is so much healthier now. Look, you bounced back so quickly." I was sleepy, but not like the prior surgeries. I was not sick at all, and had a really nice night. I turned off my phone, and let her talk to everyone for me. I sure have learned how to take care of myself, and to allow people to take care of me. Thank you cancer for that one! The old Heather was always doing and thinking, and doing some more for everyone else.
Off to eat a yummy raw breakfast of Chia seeds, and raspberries!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Heather, every day seems to be a struggle it is always lurking in the back of our minds the cancer and then we live with it marching forward.

What a great idea you have about being an anchor for those that are just diagnosed with the terrible disease.

For us everything was a whirlwind, going in and out of doctor's offices non-stop several times a day test, after test, after test.

I remember being having lunch with my wife in a nice restaurant after we found out about the breast cancer (we had to eat!) and the waiter coming around our table twenty times asking if everything was ok (I felt like saying HELL NO, my wife has breast cancer-Leave us ALONE!"

Of your options 1-3 I can't imagine going through it again. At least the nurses at Swedish are nice and they seem to really care and try to make it comfortable.

I have read all of your posts and we have the same fears. Your idea to help others is great.

A fan!

Dave