Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Thursday, September 18, 2008

To use or not to use

Since the use of steroids seems to be what is causing all my ill affects I had a bright idea to not take them this time. My Onc said, "ok..but here are some suppositories just in case you can't keep anything down." I left his office excited that I wasn't going to be so sick, so swollen, and so sleep deprived shoving my face of unknown foods at all hours of the morning. chemo went okay yesterday and last night I fell asleep with the aid of a new sleep aid. I acutally slept until 5 am. Wonderful. Today, i was up sick as a dog. D and I are on this chemo alone and so he woke up and made me an incredible omelet and then we went back to sleep. I woke up nauseaous and have been all day. Its like having the flu without blowing chunks. I am a puker and always look forward to feeling better afterwards. With all the anti-puke drugs they don't let me ever puke so I just have walked around feeling sick. I just got back from the doctors and they gave me a bunch of IV anti-nauseau stuff and my little WBC count booster so that I can fight off infections better. I actually feel about 50 % better. I'm going to go..just a little update

1 comment:

apriljahns said...

I'm sorry you feel so rotten, even if it is 50% less rotten. : (