Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Friday, September 26, 2008

Chemo Nurse

I woke up and cried last night. I remembered that in my chemo induced fog, last time I was at the hospital my chemo nurse Cara told me that it was the last time I'd see her. I was so sad to say goodbye. She is one of two nurses that has always given me my chemo. They are both my age, a bit younger and are traveling nurses. It is crazy that I just processed it. Chemo makes me so icky and all I can do is focus on me and getting better that now that I am better I remembered and I am sad about her departure.
I have officially reached the point that anytime I even write chemo, I get sick. My mouth waters and I get a full body "Icky" feel. Ewhh!!

The changing weather has given me an invigoring feel the past few days. I love my head being cold and not hot. I never realized how many spider webs my head goes through with hair. Now, I notice it a few times a day. My taste buds are still wacked out. Water tastes like poison. I can't handle anything spicy. Not even pepper.

I can't wait till the debate tonight. I can hardly wait actually.

2 comments:

Tink1272 said...

I had a chemo nurse like that. She was so fantastic. I ran into her a few years later and it was wonderful. HOpefully, you'll get to hear from yours.

The spider web thing is kind of freaky, isn't it? As usual, I'm sending you hugs.

apriljahns said...

Know what I can't wait for? The Vice-Presidential debates. Do yu think they (McCain camp) will try to cancel them?