Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Monday, January 19, 2009

Right Lung Tap

This morning was eventful. My Onc came in at 6 am and said that I was going to get my lung taped. They can't do both in one day, just in case there is a complication like lung collapse or something. I was wheeled out of here and into the room to get the procedure done. It hurts really really bad to sit up right for my heart right now. I was hooked up to the blood pressure machine and to make a long story short, after she numbed my muscles in between my ribs the doc started to draw the LITER of fluid from around my right lung. I couldn't handle it anymore, the sitting up. I almost threw up and my blood pressure skyrocketed downward and I got dizzy and almost fainted from the pain. They had to stop the procedure, and with the x-rays they just did it looks like they didn't get it all out.
I have had to get fentanyl this morning and another one soon. I am so much pain.

3 comments:

S. F. Heron said...

heather,

I just don't know what to say other than that this sister in BC is praying so hard for your recovery. Please keep posting with updates. Thinking of you here in Maryland.

-Sharon (The Cookie Jar blog)

Peggy300 said...

Heather, I can't believe it. I saw Suzanne in the grocery store and she told me what was going on. I haven't really looked at facebook or anything since our birthdays and I thought you were all done with this. Which hospital? Where? Can I visit you Wednesday evening? I will help you however I can. You sound so lonely and sad and dejected. Seeing you on our birthdays was such a treat. I love you a ton. Peggy

PS--can you also take phone calls?

Tink1272 said...

Heather, I wish I was closer. I would come by and just hold your hand. I know how all of this feels - I went through the same thing, and I ended up OK. My thoughts are with you and my husband and I are sending good thoughts your way. Much love from Beaverton.