Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tap the other one

Yippee! Well, first I have to laugh out loud with a good chuckle that I am actually excited to have a doctor stick my intercostal muscles with lidocaine so that they can get a catheter in between my ribs to pull liquid out of my left lung today. But I am thrilled. My Onc just made his daily appearance at 6 am and said that he and the cardiologist decided this was the best approach. I said, "Yeah, make into a leaky water hose."
I'll stay in touch later today. But the good news, is that my heart looks great, he said. And I am going to start getting better soon.

1 comment:

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Hi Heather
I've been reading your journey for months now feeling your anguish at the many tribulations thrown in your way. My heart went out to you with the struggle you had about your future children. This latest awful thing thrown in when you were almost finished with chemo scared me. I also have TNBC and found you through Renee. I am so happy that your little hummingbird self is coming back percolating away. You are quite poetic!
Admiring your spirit from afar.
Sue