Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Friday, January 9, 2009

To clarify

I just wrote a friend this email, to clarify a bit what's been happening and thought it might be helpful..

The 7th was to be my last chemo. But Kaplan had me to the CT scan first, and then saw I had water around my lungs and cancelled it. So I am done, and just did 11 taxotere's. The bone scan is common, but I found out otday, that the reason he was so serious about me getting it done right away is that there are 3 things that cause the liquid around my heart. Either cancer, viral, or the chemo drugs. They ruled out from the scans its not cancer. And now they are just trying to figure out what to do. Honestly they don't know what to do. Its more like, the Cardiologist talked to me to find out how much I can handle, and realized I can handle a lot, so he's trying to be as non-invasive as possible. Because either choice of action at this point has possible side-effects. And its a huge possibility that they will never know what caused it for sure. They just moved me minutes ago to a new room because they saw my WBC's are down to 2200. Which I am super shocked because they usually are higher after this much time after chemo.

2 comments:

tamara said...

I was going to write something sympathetic...because of course that's how I feel...But i gotta tell you, you are SUCH a powerful rock star that I feel more like saying "You GO girl. You keep handling these obstacles and smacking them down until they are all gone, dammit!"

Stupid, stupid STUPID cancer.

betgro said...

If anyone can handle it you can.