Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Saturday, March 14, 2009

selling more houses

Getting back to work has been a whirlwind. Yesterday was my first day that was like the old days, before cancer. I woke up, for my painful time of 8:15 radiation appointment. As soon as I got on my robe, they called my name. It couldn't have been better. Then I got home and showed houses to a few buyers I have until noon. Then I got on the ferry and went out to Vashon to do a few massages. Then I got back on the ferry, and showed a house until 7, and then went to my office and wrote up a deal, and had them sign it and got home at 9. Phew..It felt good, but I was shaky and a bit of a wreck.

I will take it easy for a while now. I am really looking forward to today. I have a continuing ed. class for massage from 9-5. The great part of taking a con. ed. class for massage is that you get massaged all day long. You have to learn on each other. Darn that!! I am really really looking forward to the class. It is a side-lying paraspinals and shoulders...mmmm...The owner of my massage school, Brian Utting is teaching the coarse, so I am really excited to study with him again. Its been 14 years.

I have officially finished my first full week of radiation and I am doing FANTASTIC!!! My Dad bet me a lunch if this wasn't a breeze for me. I told him I wouldn't bet him, but he'd be winning right now if I had. I am haphazordly using the Biafin, whenever I think of it. I will probably need to become a bit more routine with it next week. It seems like everyone says that you start feeling "it" the 2nd week. I did, by the 2nd day start feeling tired. And in fact every day after that had to take a nap during the day. Except yesterday, I just drank lots of coffee.

Off to make oatmeal, with cherries, for my big rough day ahead. I just don't know if I'll be able to handle laying on the massage table and having an accomplished massage therapist learning a new technique on me. Wish me luck. Luck that my drool will only fall when nobody is looking.hahha

3 comments:

yvonnecas said...

Oh my gosh! I loved that post. It just cracked me up! Hope you enjoyed the massages today!!!

stepflow said...

You can do this!!

apriljahns said...

If you guys need guinea pigs for future classes let me know.