Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Comic Relief

I was reading the article in Women's Health magazine on Cancer and found a few new sights. One of them that I really liked is Planetcancer.org. I found a list of funnies and thought I'd share it.

Top 10 Worst Responses If Someone Tells You They Have Cancer

10 Other than that, how's it going?
9 This isn't going to affect my career, is it?
8 I guess there's no need to quit smoking now.
7 There are easier ways to build character, you know.
6 Oh, my aunt/cousin/grandfather died of that same cancer!
5 Be sure to wear clean underwear.
4 Just think of all the money you'll save on shampoo.
3 Cancer...is that before or after Aquarius?
2 Yeah, right, whatever.
1 It's always about you, isn't it?

I am going to ad a new one:

Why aren't you happier? You're only a stage 1!

2 comments:

apriljahns said...

Don't tell me someone actually told you to be happy because you 'only' have stage 1?!!!

Tink1272 said...

I had and old roommate that actually told me, "Just think how awesome it will be when you get thin from being on Chemo!" Then two months later when I had GAINED 40 pounds, he told me he didn't notice.

I got the be happy thing too - because it was such a "curable cancer."

People are dumb.