Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Friday, July 18, 2008

Workin' Girl

I have been putting my head together to think of ways that I can work, but that will not tax me. Of coarse, the work horse that I am, I have found myself some work already. I am going to fill in at my Real Estate desk when the secretary needs to leave for this or that. I have started booking massages, which I am excited to do. But for those of you that are clients, I spoke with my surgeon's nurse today about the reality of getting lymphadema. No one knows if I will get it or not, and that is something I will live with for the rest of my life. The things you have to be careful to not do are repetitious stuff. Massage is foreful and repetitious, so who know's. I am going to do a few a week to start out and watch my arm and under my armpit like a hawk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just recieved this letter from a BC survivor, and she sure did hit the nail on the head!!

This letter is for all of Heather's friends.
Or should I say the friends that don't get it.

My name is *, I first heard the words you have CANCER Dec. 12.2000. My life would never be the same from that day forward. Believe me all I wanted was to have my life back BC before cancer. But
what I never thought could happen did. My husband and some good friends decided that they had enough of me fighting for my life. They just wanted to have * BC back. Just think that was after being cut open, pricked with a hundred needles. injected with material that made me glow. X-rayed every bone in my body, just looking for more CANCER. 9 months of Chemo cocktails that just about killed me and put me in the hospital at least 6 times. Not to mention that it made me feel like death warmed over. And that's saying it nicely, The truth is the fear of dying takes over your life. Maybe because you feel like your on the brink of death at all times, to tired to move and to sick to eat. I felt I was on my death bed for one year.
I'm going to spare you with everything some of my friends put me through and still do. You would think the people dear to your heart would understand and treat you with respect and not kill your dignity on top of everything. In some ways that hurts more because you can't control your life anymore. And your friends give up on you and tell you to move on because they want to move on. HELLO CANCER SUCKS BIG TIME. WE wouldn't want our worst friends to go through the heart ach a CANCER patent goes through.
Please don't put Heather through what I went through. Don't kill her trust in man kind. It's a very lonely scary world out there and we all could use some respect and LOVE. She hasn't even started CHEMO yet.
PLEASE SUPPORT YOU CANCER FRIENDS- a new bumper sticker.

Tink1272 said...

Excellent.