Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rollerblading

I still don't have a voice, but I am feeling great!! I worked at my realty office for a bit today, and then I went down to Alki in West Seattle to roller blade. Now, for those of you that don't live here, Alki is a beach neighborhood with an incredible boardwalk that goes on for miles along the beach. I have only roller bladed once in my life, and for not long as I fell and crashed into a poor man. So today, I had on all the pads, wrist guards, and helmet and was so excited to teach myself how to do this. I went slow, as I am not good at all at trying to stop. The key word here is trying, as I really couldn't get a good feel for stopping. I took it slow, but did it long enough that I got a wee bit of a workout in my gluteals muscles and managed to get a blister that made me stop.
It felt incredible to be outside in the sunny weather excersising. I came home and made a big pot of chili and my friend Debbie told me a yummy new cornbread recipe, you stick blue cheese inside the muffins...they turned out delicious!!

I am really excited to watch LOST tonight, I am hopelessly addicted to TV. Luckily I am getting a new life and do not have my eyes glued to the TV constantly!!

3 comments:

krisa said...

I am addicted to LOST too! Isn't Sawyer the cutest?

Anonymous said...

Yes, and Jack....I'm over the bad boys....hahaha

apriljahns said...

We still haven't watched this week's episode! I can't watch it right before bed because I get too worked up.
Rollerblading scares me. I hate falling even with all of the pads.