Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Monday, July 7, 2008

Sunny skies and eagle fly's

I was driving back from seeing my fertility Doc's at PNW Fertility and an eagle flew high and above me and I just felt wrapped in its wings.  I am so sad today, that I am crying off and on.  But I couldn't ask for a better experience through this.  To be a young woman that wants to have kids and to explore the world with her family and to have all of this put up in front of me as a road block, showing me how desperately I want it, and that this life lives on the other side of this Breast Cancer Roadblock.  I really can't say that I haven't felt totally comforted by each and every doctor, receptionist, technician, blood drawerer, everyone has made this easier for me.  I am so thankful that I have had a team at PNW Fertility that has acted fast so that my treatment wouldn't be delayed. 
 I spoke with a Doc there today that told me that just this winter they went to Oncologists at Swedish and told them that they are now ready to start doing egg freezing for women.  This is huge.  I feel really lucky that I got breast cancer now, and not a few years ago.  At least I have embryo insurance if I need it!  
The other thing I want to share today is this, if anyone is reading this and you know of a way that I can get involved in a large way (like a commercial or ad's or whatever) in being a face for young women with breast cancer, let me know!!  I totally want to do something like this.  Especially when I look healthy and all.  I want women to know that they could be me, and that they need to check their breasts.  

No comments: