Welcome to THE CLUB YOU CAN'T BELONG TO

Friday, June 27, 2008

My name is on What Bag?


My very sweet brother in law and his family, Kale, Kristen, Haley, and Hannah made these two luminary bags in honor of me.  I was so moved to see these and remembered years ago just after my best friend Jody's mom, Sandy passed away.  There was a relay for life in Seaside, Oregon.  We walked around the track together and I would have never thought that one day, one not so distant day I would have bags in honor of my name around a track in Lynden, Washington.  I am so moved in two different ways.  One that I have family that would make bags for me and take photos for me.  And the other, I cry because it makes my Breast Cancer more real.  
Today I got my hair cut about 10 inches off.  To right above my shoulders.  I had to do it.  I am getting my game head together and hoping I do not get the dark circles under my eyes and loose my eyebrows and eyelashes with it.  But yes, I took the empowering step of cutting off my long beautiful hair and now have a short do, for a couple of weeks.  In a few weeks, my hair now will be thought of as long.  I have one more hair cut before the shave.  I can't wait to have a little pixie cut.  I will post new pic's tomorrow of my haircut.  


1 comment:

Tink1272 said...

You are adorable! And you will look even more so with the head shaved! It's the look, I tell ya! :-)